Monday, August 9, 2010

Boring Blog Post


Well, I am here for work and not non-stop adventure, so this post will be short and dull. I have been trying to get a lot of work done on my project as I feel the time slipping away from me. My efforts have been mostly unsuccessful. I am worried about how many interviews are still left to complete, but I am trying to remember that it is expected for things to not run smoothly when you are working in a place like the Philippines. These facts are harder to remember when I can't get any work done because the power is out all day, or when there is no water and I desperately want to take a shower. A member of my organization was supposed to come up and translate for me, but unfortunately fell ill. I have also been trying to get interviews with members of the government, however, I feel a bit like I am getting the run around. We will see how this progresses. So, I have mostly been sitting here in Moalboal, working on the computer during the day and trying to learn to play billiards at night. I am going a bit stir crazy and would like to go to the city, but I am still hopeful that I will get my interview with the mayor this week, so I will stay in town until Thursday. Oh well, at least there's always mango milkshakes.

No comments: